Transcript of Aggravated DUI AZ – Class 4 Felony Definition Video Start:
This is Burges McCowan. In this video, I’m going to talk about Aggravated DUI AZ.
If you have an Aggravated DUI, you’re looking at a felony, ARS1383. You might see that you have the misdemeanor DUI charges as well but you’re going to be looking at 1383, if you have that, you’re dealing with Aggravated DUI. There’s three different ways that they can get you for Aggravated DUI.
- The most common is driving on a suspended license. If you get a DUI while your license is suspended, it’s automatically going to be considered an aggravated DUI or a felony DUI.
- The other way is if you have three DUIs within seven years. Your third DUI is going to be considered a felony, Aggravated DUI.
- The last way that you can get it is the interlock device. That’s the device that you should have on your car if you have a previous DUI that you have to blow into to get your car to start. If you never bother doing that requirement and you get another DUI then that next DUI will be a felony, Aggravated DUI.
These are class 4 felonies. In Arizona, there’s a mandatory minimum four months prison that comes with these charges. It’s prison, four months. It doesn’t matter if you have any priors or you’ve never been convicted of anything before, you’re looking at four months prison minimum for these cases. The other thing that you have to be concerned with are the same ramifications that you would have for regular DUI, the suspension, the fees, the fees are very high for Aggravated DUI, but frankly that’s nothing compared to prison. That’s the major concern that you have with an Aggravated DUI.
If you’re faced with an Aggravated DUI, give me a call. I offer free consultations and I can help.
DUI Successes with Burges McCowan
More Pages on AZ DUI:
- Arizona DUI Laws – Regular DUI ARS 28-1381
- Extreme DUI and Super Extreme DUI in AZ
- Aggravated DUI AZ – Class 4 Felony Definition Video
- DUI Child in Car AZ Aggravated DUI Class 6 Felony
- DUI Drugs Arizona – What you need to know
- Marijuana DUI Arizona – State must show impairment
- AZ MVD DUI Laws – What you need to know.
Click here to add your own text